Sunday, March 25, 2012

"OO" in moon, -ly and -ful Reading Street Unit 4, Week 6 with Freebie!

Hello all! I hope that you are all having a great weekend! I was so ready for the weekend and I had a great one. I needed it after my kiddos were replaced by zoo animals full of energy. Also, I had my final observation this week. I am nervously waiting for the results. I wish that they would flash a score like a judge from the back of the room before they leave lol.



This week we are going to be reading "Henry and Mudge". I have created a packet to go along with the phonics skills this week. There are small group activities that I will use in my guided reading groups. Also, I will place them into workstations for extra practice for the students next week. I have found that the review helps my students keep from forgetting skills that we have learned. Please click download preview to get the Four In A Row game for free.







Day 1- Roll, Read, Keep for -ful and -ly. The cards are color coded for my lower group to remind them of the sound they are looking for.

Day 2- Zoom to the Moon or Blastoff Game

Day 3- Roll, Read, Keep "oo" in moon

Day 4- Alien Invaders Game

Day 5- Four In A Row (like Tic-Tac-Toe)


Slide 1- Intro Slide
Slides 2-3 Gameboards
Slides 4-11 Word cards for gameboards
Slides 12-24 Roll, Read Keep
Slides 25-26 Four in a Row Game
Slides 27-30 Explanation Slides and Closures




I will try to post pictures of the things that we are doing this week. This has been such a busy time of year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment