Thursday, July 5, 2012

Common Core I can Freebie

Hey guys! I hope that you guys enjoyed yesterday! It was nice to sit back and watch the fireworks with the boys. I just wanted to stop by and post I can statements for the year. Our PLC went through the common core standards and made I can statements to match them. Click here to get your copy of the common core I can statements.

Question----Do any of you guys use the Number Talks book? I have thought about buying it, but it is very expensive and would like to know a little more first. If you have the book will you tell me:

1. Do you like the book? Is it worth the price?
2. Do you need the book or could it be something that you just read and share?
3. What is the best thing about the book?

Thanks for your help!!

Also, I am getting closer to reaching 50 people. LOL such a small victory...but I am excited. I am planning a giveaway when we get to 50.

P.S. I am able to get back into my classroom and pictures will be coming soon. I have also made many new things for my Monday Made-It. I may have to post before then lol.



12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the I Can statements! What a very handy tool!

    ΡΌ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I attended a common core training for my county and had to teach it to my team. We decided to not just review them, but to come up with the I can statements. I hope that these are helpful for you guys as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the CC I Can Statements!! We are just beginning common core this year & I'm trying to find all of the resources that I can get. It's all a bit overwhelming to me right now.
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :) I completely understand! I am looking to make as many resources as I can before school starts.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the Common Core I Can statements. They are so helpful. I have not heard of the Number Talk books. :-( You will be to 50 before you know it! Have a great weekend.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! :) The number talks books are supposed to help children with Mental Math. We adopted Envision last year and though there are many positives...my students were not able to do mental math AT ALL...So I am looking for a supplement. You have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the I can statments. Now I can work on translatng them to Spanish for my Dual Language students. I am now following you, so thanks for the great ideas in advance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me :) I am happy to have you. I wish that I could translate them for you lol but you who knows what it might say if I did it lol :) Good luck!

      Delete
  5. I am a new follower!!!! Thank you sooooo much for the I can statements!!! ellen.yucht@imagineschools.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and I am so happy to have you!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing! This is an awesome resource to use.

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I like to share things. I try to share more, but can't with clip art sometimes.

      Delete