Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Monday Made-It


Hey guys! I hope that you are enjoying your summer! I certainly am! :)


I am thinking of jumping on the Daily 5 train. I'm a little bit scared because it is already July and I am waiting on the books from Barnes and Noble lol. So does anyone do this with their kids? What are your thoughts on using it with this grade level? I went to an in-service, but it was mostly about CAFE.

The baskets looks very dark, but they are Lime Green and Hot Pink :)


Now...onto the Monday Made-It. I have made many things with the intention of putting them on my blog. However, I didn't take pictures of them and some of them are waiting on laminating lol. Today, I am going to show you my baskets that I labeled. I just put Table 1, Table 2, Table 3, and Table 4.

Next item that I made was this writing poster :) For some reason my phone camera makes EVERYTHING darker than it actually is. I have more things that I have made and I will post those next week. I will also be posting some of my plans. I have almost finished lesson plans for the first two weeks of school :) 



12 comments:

  1. Your baskets came out great & I love the writing poster! I want to make that writing poster for my class to use this year too. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! I'm really happy that I did the writing poster! :) I wish that I had more room on my wall for it. I think that it helps the child to have goals. Hopefully, it will be a positive thing for the students.

      Delete
  2. Your team tubs are so cute!!! You already have your first 2 weeks lesson plans done??? Wow!!! Wanna do mine? As far as Daily 5 goes...I loved it! Last year was my first year with it and I totally tweaked it to fit my needs but loved it!! I think you will too!!
    Thanks for linking up:) Come back next week:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely be back to link up again. You have the cutest ideas. I have another question for you. Do you think that I need to buy the Daily 5 book or is it one that I could borrow? Lol. We just review for the first two weeks so that makes it pretty easy to plan haha.

      Delete
  3. I love your tubs. I would recommend Daily 5. It is an amazing program. It is very easy to implement and I read both the Daily 5 and Cafe in a 2 week period. It is an easy read. So I wouldn't worry about how much time you have. You can also read it as you go and it will work. It is a great reference book. I look back in it at the beginning of each year with out a problem.

    Good Luck.
    Teaching, Stitching, and Parenting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for posting! I am really excited to get the books! :)

      Delete
  4. I love your tubs! I do a version of Daily 5 in my classroom. It made a difference with my kids and I love it!

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom
    www.ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting :) I am excited to use it.

      Delete
  5. I'm your newest follower! What an adorable blog you have. I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!! Feel free to check our my blog and pick up the award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I am going to check it out now! Happy Fourth of July!

      Delete
  6. Maybe by now you have been able to read the D5 and Cafe books. There is a D5 video that our district bought that I found really helpful to SEE it in action. It does work in first grade. I have a modified CAFE menu for primary, but it is at school. Basically the cafe menu is working on reading strategies, which you know already, but just puts it in a format that is great for kids to help them be accountable for learning. So, you can put a few other primary strategies in the CAFE menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just received my books in the mail yesterday and I am already halfway through Daily 5. I am very excited to try this. I need a change from my guided reading times.

      Delete